Friday, October 3, 2014

My Appearance on the Daily Show

For those who may have seen the story on NBC 12...I need to say a few things. First, do not try to defend me on NBC12's FB post or in the story comments....most the people who commented are asses....and I could care less of their opinions, after all, they do not know all the facts. Second, the event was scary, they just did not show the yelling and screaming...the other group was angry, trained activist (8 of them I think) against a small group of four nice & kind Redskins fans....it was more than just intimidating or "uncomfortable". Third....we were lied to by the producer...told it would be a fan panel discussion, when in fact that was lie to get us to participate. Yes, I know the Daily Show, but that does not allow them the right to lie to people to get them to sign a disclosure and participate in a bit intended on putting us in a very disturbing situation. Last...I am a Redskins fan who supports our name (SHOCKER). I think it is easy for someone who is not a fan to support changing the name, thinking that they are supporting all Native Americans, when in fact most Native Americans do not care about some teams mascot...if you make an educated decision to support the Redskins changing their name, so be it...that is your right, as it is mine to support the name...let's all respect that.
Do I regret going....of course people. Do I think it can be removed or undone...of course not.  It would be nice if the show did show some gesture of remorse and take it off of their website, though.
Here is the link to the story:

No comments:

Post a Comment