Monday, December 8, 2014

The Wheels On The Bus Fall Off



Fans were pretty sure last week, the Washington Redskins hit bottom but this week took the franchise to an even lower of lows.  Prior to the game, leaks of potential front office alliances with Robert Griffin III and what that could mean to new Head Coach Jay Gruden surfaced.  Then, future HOF LB and retired Redskins London Fletcher, still beloved by fans, lashed out at DC Haslett, calling him "clueless"...even saying he could ruin the 85 Bears defense...which I have to admit, I hole-heartily agree with.  An already bad week went to worse on game day.  Taking a shot at the already hurting Redskins, Rams HC Jeff Fisher decided to send out the 6 players he acquired via the RGIII trade.  At that point, I knew we were beat before we even played the game.  The Redskins went on to get shut out and dogged by the St. Louis Rams 24-0, in a game that featured more struggles in every facet of the game of Football.  Even the return of RGIII under center, spawned by McCoy getting injured on the 6th sack he received that game, sparked little excitement for fans.  Many fans dawned paper bags...and rightfully so.  Fans didn't even stick around to boo after the game...they just hung their heads and left frustrated and sad.

The fear that things will, in fact, likely get worse before this gets any better makes me sick to my stomach.  Don't get me wrong...I love my Redskins and will follow them and root for them no matter what, but at this point, even fans are embarrassed...I am sure players feel even worse (of course, a few million in the bank softens the blow for them).

After watching the game...soaking all this in, I went to my town Christmas parade, dawning my full game attire (jersey, hat, Redskins coat...the works)...and was constantly bombarded by jeers and condolences...neither of which I cared much for.  Then, as things couldn't possibly be worse, a lady riding a horse, IN THE DAMN PARADE, stops in front of me, quiets the crowd, and says, "How about the COWBOYS!" and rides off, back into the parade.  Her quick exit saved me from dishing out the public cursing she so desperately was antagonizing me for.

As fans, we must stay vigilant, but at the same time, we must, MUST, demand change...we must demand improvements that results in wins...but how?  I know I will not spend another dollar on my favorite team until I feel we are on some kind of track to improvement.

#NoNewJerseyForChristmasThisYear


Hail to the Redskins!

No comments:

Post a Comment