Tuesday, January 15, 2013

#Redskins Just Need To Get Healthy

Despite the slow start, the season all came down to one aspect of the game that hampered the Redskins all season, health.  The positions talked about all year, Safety, Right Tackle, Quarterback, Linebacker, & Tight End all suffered major losses due to injury.  Even a position of depth, Defensive End, suffered the loss of Carriker early on...and I do believe that he and Orakpo going down took away a lot of our pass-rush strength.  Merriwether, who shined in his 1/2 a game debut, was out the rest of the season.  Jamaal Brown, who was previously a beast at Right Tackle, never could get on the field.  Our dynamic, playmaking Tight End Davis went down for the season.  Last, but certainly, CERTAINLY, not least, are the injuries to RG3, particularly, the way the season ended.  Such a sad note to end on after such a magical year.  I joined many fans in recognizing that coaches do make mistakes...but wow, this was an awful costly one, though not all his fault either.  What I am getting at is, if these guys, any one of these guys, were healthy all year, we win more games...we play better....we grow more...we win playoff games.  What if, right?  Going into next year, I hope training staff, coaches, and all players focus on staying healthy and on the field...I am sure they do, but do it MORE....come December 2013 I want to desire painting my flipping house burgundy and gold....you hear me?

Hail to the Redskins!

No comments:

Post a Comment